A metasearch engine or an aggregator is an information retrieval engine that fetches data from other search engines to give results. It collects related content and data from other webpages and search engines and produces results.
Dogpile is also a metasearch engine that fetches information from other search engines like Google, Yahoo, Ask Jeeves, Overture, and others. Dogpile takes input from the user and quickly inquires search engines for results.
Dogpile was launched in November 1996 and was created by Aaron Flin. Blucora, previously named Infospace, owns it. To have your URL show up on Dogpile, you’ll need to have your Url show up on other search engines like Google, Yahoo and other search engines.
Follow these steps to submit my URL to the Dogpile search engine.
Firstly, you will have to submit your URL to google
- Open Google’s website.
- Go to the “Add URL” page.
- Enter your URL and click the submit button to add your URL to Google.
- If you want to add multiple URLs, you can upload a sitemap to submit multiple URLs. It is the most common and efficient way of adding your URLs to Google.
Now, you have to submit your URL to Yahoo
- Visit the Yahoo webpage.
- Open the submit your site page and click on “Submit your site for free.”
- It will open a new page or window, on that page, click on “submit your website or webpage.”
- Enter your URL in the URL box and click on “submit.”
After you’ve submitted your URL, it can take about eight weeks or longer for your site to show up in the Yahoo search results.
Related Article: Report A Scam Website in Yahoo
- Open Bing webmaster.
- Go to the URL submission page.
- Enter your URL and click on “Submit URL.”
Now for the most important step, you will have to create a sitemap. You can create one for free on XML-sitemaps.com
- Open XML-sitemaps.com
- Enter your URL
- Click on “Start.”
It will create your sitemap, which will help you manage your site. Once the site is done creating your sitemap, download it to your computer, and then use File transfer protocol to display your webpages on the internet.
- Now visit Ask.com and submit your sitemap.
- Ping your URL
- Now paste the link in your Browser’s address bar:http://submissions.ask.com/ping?sitemap=http%3A//www.YOURURL.com/sitemap.xml.”
- Put your URL in the URL box.
- Ask.com will review your sitemap and will register your URL.
After this, your site will be submitted to the Search engines, and Dogpile will show your content if searched.