Yahoo is a web services providing company. It was founded in 1995 by David Filo and Jerry Yang. Verizon Media owns Yahoo, and the headquarters is situated in California.
One of the most popular web services yahoo provides is the yahoo search engine and has many websites registered. If you have a website and want to add or submit your URL to Yahoo, then follow these steps:
- Open Yahoo.com
- Go to the homepage and click on “More.”
- Scroll down and click on “Submit a Site” on the bottom right corner of the page.
- A new page will load up, and you have to choose the “Submit a site for free” option.
- By clicking this option, the page will redirect you to the Bing homepage. The submission of your website to Bing is essential for it to show up in the Yahoo Search index.
- Sign in with your account.
- Enter your URL with the “https” prefix in the given space.
- Now you will be redirected to a verification page to prove that you are the owner of the site.
- Complete the verification by pasting an XML file on your server; You can also add your Canonical Name record to the DNS to verify yourself.
- Now, click the “Verify” button.
It will be made available in the vast world of the internet once it is approved. After you submit your site, it can take up to ten weeks for it to get approved.