Search engine optimization has been around for at least a decade and has been instrumental in the success of some of the most profitable business worldwide. It remains one of the more effective tools digital and SEO marketers use to pull in significant traffic for flourishing websites. SEO can make small businesses more profitable, especially when combined with great social media and online presence.
SEO helps make their websites more visible, and more visibility on search engines means higher traffic and more opportunities. In no time, potential customers become loyal customers.
So how do you make your small business more profitable with SEO? First, let’s find out the importance, benefits, and some of the best tools and strategies of SEO that small businesses can easily access to increase visibility and profitability.
Importance of SEO
Millions of related blogs, web pages, and landing pages show up when people search terms related to your industry. If your small business isn’t ranking higher on search engines for such terms, you’re missing out on opportunities to turn qualified prospects into loyal customers. These points demonstrate just how important SEO can be for a small business:
- SEO Traffic Converts Better: Organic traffic you get through search engine optimization is better than those from other channels. One reason is that, unlike paid search, SEO rankings show the trust of search engines.
- SEO Is Global: SEO is the bedrock of the most profitable business because of its global reach. It can bring customers from any part of the world via localization.
- Gets You Higher Rankings & More Visibility: Internet users are more likely to click on the top five suggestions that pop up on their search engine when they look for a product or service. With SEO, your small business can rank higher on search results, get more visibility, and attract more customers who will click your site.
- Promotes Great User Experience: SEO lets you in on how much time users spend on your site. Great user experience stems from well-optimized websites that easily communicate what product or service is on offer.
- SEO Builds Credibility & Trust: While neat and practical user experience is one goal of SEO, building credibility and trust are other important ones. Sites that rank higher are usually more trustworthy.
Tools That Will Help You In Your SEO Campaign
Many digital and online tools are available to SEO marketers to help make your small business more profitable. Using them will surely make it easier for your site to rank higher. Here are some of these tools that will help you in your SEO campaign:
- Moz Pro: Moz Pro handles multiple aspects of an SEO campaign. Using it will grant you access to data and software to increase your traffic and rankings while getting high visibility. There are technical site audits, SEO reports, links, and keyword research too.
- Google Search Console: Search Console is an SEO tool from Google that alerts users when it finds errors on its website. You can also see key statistics like the number of clicks per keyword, keyword rankings, click-through rate, and more.
- Ahrefs: Ahrefs is a great SEO tool that small businesses can use to analyze SEO content, gauge backlinks for the next off-page link building campaign, and conduct keyword research. The software has many instruments like the keyword explorer tool that generates tons of new keyword ideas for content creation.
- SpyFu: SpyFu has special tools that let you see the SEO performance of your competitors. You can find out which pages are generating SEO traffic, The keywords your competitors are ranking for in Google organically, SEO traffic estimates and trends in SEO traffic, and What types of inbound links they have.
Best SEO Strategies To Implement In Your Small Business
Small businesses that have websites or blogs and operate online need their potential customers to see them. Some of these SEO strategies can make your small business profitable when you implement them correctly:
- Write a correct and attractive title tag and meta description
- Find the right keywords but don’t overstuff your site with keywords
- Make sure to optimize your site for local search results
- Create and insert quality links to your website or blog
- Publish lots of optimized but high-quality content
- Optimize your page speed, images and choose the best file formats for a great user experience. Subheadings and whitespaces also help.
SEO is an excellent way for small companies to better know their prospects and customers while gaining enough visibility to be profitable. With SEO, you understand your potential customer’s intent and interests, and you put out content tailored to that. Most profitable businesses with solid online presence use SEO and the many tools and strategies to succeed in today’s digital world.